Menu

How do I link?

Janna

How do I get a link on here? I know how to do the hyperlink (I see that icon on here), but that links the whole address, which can be very long. How do I make the link for the title of something (say the title of the book is in blue, rather than the whole amazon web address)? I knew how to do it on the old board - is it the same way (with the brackets and all that), or is there a faster way to do it on this spiffy new forum?

Hoping my question makes sense,

The little chain and globe icon is what you want. You copy the url you want to link to, select the text in your post, click the globe and chain icon, and paste the url into the box that pops up. You'll see the long url and the code in your post, but once you Submit Reply, the finished post will just have the underlined, linked text that you selected. Like this:

Here's my blog

I still don't understand. Let's say I want the word "this" shown as a link. Where do I type the web address for whatever "this" is? Do I type "this", highlight it, then click on the earth link and type in the web address? Does that make sense?

I still don't understand. Let's say I want the word "this" shown as a link. Where do I type the web address for whatever "this" is? Do I type "this", highlight it, then click on the earth link and type in the web address? Does that make sense?

Yes, just like that. When you click on the earth link, you should get a pop-up box where you paste in the url.