Menu

Who offers Saxon Algebra I and II and is accredited?

We need both a Saxon Algebra I and a Saxon Algebra II course that are accredited for our high schoolers that are in ps. I checked out Oak Meadow and that's $788 for one course through email and phone support. Ouch! We've used Keystone, which is more reasonable but they use Glencoe texts which I'm not fond of. Any suggestions?

Seton. In fact I just enrolled ds in Alg. 1 last Wed.

The cost for single enrollment (textbook, solution manual, lesson plans, tests, grading and record keeping) is $205.00 plus $30 (I think) new family fee (if it's been more than a year since you've been enrolled).

If you want the DIVE cd, thats another $50. I think they sell Saxon Teacher for $70.

If instead you want Learning Saxon Math John Saxon's Way taught by Art Reed, that's $50 too. This is the program that has a real live, breathing human being teaching the course. Seton, however, doesn't sell it. If you are interested in where to purchase it, let me know and I'll look up the site. I know they have free shipping because I just order a copy.

HTH

I am looking forward to getting their call back tomorrow and getting this pig off my truck.:tongue_smilie:

LOL, I know that feeling. My NOI is due of Fri and I've yet to type it up. Good thing the School Board is only three blocks away.

When you speak to Seton, make sure you tell them you already have the books and ask how much they will give you for a book credit. Also, if you only have the student book, but want the solution manual let them know. I live in the same town as Seton, and while they are very nice people (quite a few go to my church) the few times I've enrolled with them I don't ever remember them asking me if I already owned any of the books.

Good luck!

Hey - maybe our kids can be "study buddies". ;) Only kidding. You're in a different time zone.

Peggy and Renee,:grouphug::grouphug:. I just got off the phone with Seton and am very relieved. This is exactly what we are looking for. We have worked so hard to fill in the math gaps that first, the private school created and second, the ever-changing math programs at the ps expanded. Seton allows us to continue with Saxton (which is weirdly popular with the 2 home schooled ones) plus add in the remedial work that other WTM posters have suggested and for the dc to get credit.

My dd had all but given up hope for having any more advanced math on her transcripts. Now she can work around the low points in her depression at her pace and we will know that she truly understands the material because we are the ones working with her.

Doing the happy dance today.

Edited by swimmermom3
Clarification