Menu

How did you schedule SWI-C?....

I didn't do SWI-C, but did do SWI-B and SICC-C with my oldest son. When we began with SWI-B, I had him doing a little bit over 4 days.

Day 1: watch the dvd lesson (some lessons did go long so some days will be more time intensive)

Day 2: write paragraph(s)from outline making sure all dressups were included

Day 3: outline 2nd source

Day 4: write paragraph(s) from outline, dressups included

I think each day maybe took him 15-30min depending. Some of the more creative projects (ie writing from pictures or taking notes from the brain) took more time because he was not used to such things. [Expect the time at the beginning of the year to go slower until your child begins to understand the method then it will pick up.]

When he did SICC-C, he had daily writing assignments that sometimes took 45min to 1hr because he was working on writing longer essays. I also increased his writing to 5 days/week.

I will say this, we learned, early on, the value of doing a little bit each day no matter how easy or quick that day's assignment was. It got him in the habit of writing each day and later on when he was working through the end of SICC, he was thankful for that habit.

I didn't do SWI-C, but did do SWI-B and SICC-C with my oldest son. When we began with SWI-B, I had him doing a little bit over 4 days.

Day 1: watch the dvd lesson (some lessons did go long so some days will be more time intensive)

Day 2: write paragraph(s)from outline making sure all dressups were included

Day 3: outline 2nd source

Day 4: write paragraph(s) from outline, dressups included

I think each day maybe took him 15-30min depending. Some of the more creative projects (ie writing from pictures or taking notes from the brain) took more time because he was not used to such things. [Expect the time at the beginning of the year to go slower until your child begins to understand the method then it will pick up.]

When he did SICC-C, he had daily writing assignments that sometimes took 45min to 1hr because he was working on writing longer essays. I also increased his writing to 5 days/week.

I will say this, we learned, early on, the value of doing a little bit each day no matter how easy or quick that day's assignment was. It got him in the habit of writing each day and later on when he was working through the end of SICC, he was thankful for that habit.

Thanks, that helps!