Menu

Spanish 1

I am using SoS Spanish 1 because I didn't want to spend a lot of money on Spanish. I had already spent so much money on curriculum this year and was over my budget. Someone had suggested the SoS and said they enjoyed it more then Rosetta Stone. I didn't want to spend over $200 so I went with SoS. I am so disappointed! My daughter is doing more screaming at the computer and getting aggravated at the program then she is spending learning anything. I looked over the program and it doesn't seem to go over enough before it gets into pronouns, etc. I remember when I learned Spanish, I learned "a" was feminine and "o" was masculine, etc. How to pair up the two words, etc before ever learning how to speak. It already has her answering questions and pairing up pronouns with the subjects and she is so utterly LOST!

Does anyone have any Spanish 1 suggestions??? I am wondering if this program is returnable! :confused:

Pam

Pam,

A couple things.

First, it IS returnable as we're returning ours though for a completely different reason. If you bought it awhile ago, you may only be able to do an exchange. If you did it recently, you can get all but a reshelving fee back.

Second, check out Platiquemos. A motivated teen can easily do it on her own.