Menu

Tanscript/Record Keeping Program?

Hello! I'm looking for a simple and inexpensive (if not free) program to make a transcript for High School. I don't mind manually keeping records - so I just want something simple to put the transcript together. I've heard of Edu-tracker, Homeschool Tracker and a program through HSLDA. Does anyone have a preference of those choices or something easier to use, that's cheaper? I've also read about one's that keep the records for you for a fee ea. year, but that doesn't seem practical - we have two children - so I'd like to use the same program for both. Any ideas ladies? Thanks for any input.

If you like then you can upgrade it by buying the plus version. I have not used Homeschool Tracker but have heard many good things about it. I use Edu-Track. It is a very good program and fairly easy to use. The pro for it is that it has two methods to print a transcript and from what I've heard the transcript is more professional looking than Homeschool Tracker. It also has several programs already built in so you can just tell it to load something like: Saxon math and it will do all the work for you provided you're following the traditional assignment method. Their are two cons 1) it does not do weighted grading. I got around that by just putting the test score in more than once depending on how I wanted it to weigh. It would be handy if the program would do weighted grades. They've been saying for several years now that a new version is coming out that will do that but the last I heard it hasn't come out. 2) The other con is that they don't update the program very often. In fact it's been about 3 years since the last upgrade (at least to my knowledge). I'm almost done with hsing so I'll hang on to Edu-Track. It was the only computer program available at the time I bought it. If I had to purchase a new one I'd probably go with homeschool tracker, at least try the free version and then make a decision. I don't know anything about the one from HSLDA. Maybe someone else on her can chime in with more info.

I used the one Pamela posted and added test scores, interests, activities, work experience, achievements & volunteer experience in boxes on the back.

I did put total credits, GPA for yr & Cumulative GPA in the box for each year. At the top I had a left box w/dd#1's info (her email, DOB, address, SS# & a right box w/Parent info (address, phone & email)

Worked great for 5 schools. :D

I also did my own transcripts. So fare #1 and #2 dc have used them for college applications and scholarships. etc. #3 and #4 are in highschool now and I am doing the same format for them. I did not do 9th grade, 10th grade, etc. but grouped the transcript by subjects, such as English: English 9, English 10, etc....Math: Algebra 2, Geometry., etc. I grouped them by category rather than year because it fit our life style better. We don't always run school 9 onth intervals and sometimes a class can take 4 weeks over the summer and sometimes 18 months, spanning over 2 "school years". I have found that various scholarship applications required us to redo their high school records to a specified format. That was annoying. I also included a page 2 of awards/honors and volunteer/extracurricular. Those types of things can help with "leadership" scholarships.