Menu

Teaching Company Classes on DVD's?

I watched Classical Mythology and the Iliad of Homer with Elizabeth Vandiver (recommended here) and thought they were excellent (but what do I know about literature? - I have a degree in math). I see generally good reviews about the Teaching Company here.

You might try doing a search on the high school boards. Here's one:

Favorite Teaching Company teachers other than Dr Vandiver?

Edited by Sue in St Pete

Has anyone watched/used the Chemistry or any of the Language Arts DVD's? I would like your honest opinions on them....and your recommendations, if any.

Thanks.

My son liked the high school chemistry dvds and said to put them with Apologia Chemistry for our daughter when she takes it.

Susan,

Thanks. We were planning on doing Apologia Chemistry, but I didn't know how TTC Dvd's would play a role there. Supplement or stand alone? How did you schedule them in or use them that way?

Thanks for any more info. you can add....

Susan,

Thanks. We were planning on doing Apologia Chemistry, but I didn't know how TTC Dvd's would play a role there. Supplement or stand alone? How did you schedule them in or use them that way?

Thanks for any more info. you can add....

I'm sorry, I don't know yet, I already did the course with my son, and three years later I bought the Teaching Co. dvds for him to review before taking college chemistry.

I'm not sure when my daughter will be taking it (she is taking biology this next year). The dvds are supplemental only, I would just look at the titles and insert them when the text gets to that subject.

HTH

On 01/18/09 brendafromtenn posted a correlated schedule of Apologia and Teaching Co Chemistry. She got this from someone else, as she explains, but unfortunately, I don't know how to link to another post (or how to quote apparently), so:

(Quote)

got a schedule right here on the good ol' WTM board. "Tina in Ouray" posted this. I think she may have gotten it from "Susie-Knits"....Or the other way around, but either way, I printed it out and it has worked great.

Here is what we used:

Module 1/ TC Lectures 1-6

Module 2

Module 3

Module 4

Module 5

Module 6/TC Lectures 7-16

Module 7

Module 8

Module 9

Module 10/TC Lectures 27-29 And TC Lectures 17-19

Module 11/TC Lecture 30

Module 12

Module 13

Module 14

Module 15/TC Lectures 20-26

Module 16

Sorry about my lack of technical skills.

Pam.

We use them as sups too. My kids loved the JOy of Math & Joy os Science. We also did the Iilad which was fascinating--wish I had it when I was in school. The prof was superb & really helps you so the significance of this book. We plan on also using the Chem series this yr but the company came out with their high school version so we're going with this one. It comes with a workbook & from what I've read looks very complete.

My husband has listened to others too.

Cheers,

Cindi:):iagree:

Thanks, so much. I appreciate the wisdom and information here. I was also looking at one of the music ones, I can't remember the exact title. So, if anyone has any experience with the music ones, please chime in also.

No input here, but I was appreciating the humor of your remark:

... So, if anyone has any experience with the music ones, please chime in also.

If I was looking for math commentary, I'd ask for people to add their feedback!

Regards,

Kareni (who enjoys a good pun)