Menu

Bought a Dolciani book and need more info........

I found Algebra and Trigonometry: Structure and Method Book 2, Houghton Mifflin publishers, (Dolciani, Sorgenfrey, Brown, Kane) 1986 ed, ISBN: 0-395-35257-6. I paid $1.50 brand new cond. Was this a good buy? Could I get a Solution or Teacher;s Ed. for it? We are doing Life of Fred, Beginning Alg., should I try o find Book 1 of this series? Would you do this with LoF or try to find the Chalkdust cheap version using the ISBN on the boards? Please help, dd15 wants to graduate in 2011 and we haven't passed Alg. 1 and she wants to go to college, any advice is welcomed!!!

She is doing LoF Fractions right now and is almos finished and is really enjoying it, but I feel like we need more for Alg. even I just test her through a book like I mentioned above and slow when we nned more, what would you do? Also own ABeka Algebra 1 and up and Saxon Alg. 1 & 2, but neither have seemed to work.

Thank you in advance!

Jennifer

That's a great price, and you could probably find a solutions manual eventually. The peak years for Dolciani were 1965-1975. I really haven't looked at the later ones, so can't comment on the changes and am going by what some of those I call math gurus on this forum have posted.

That said, it took me a long time to find a solution manual for the 1965 book one, and I first used odd answers someone kindly sent me since my text didn't have them (some did & some didn't.) I don't have any answers for the book 2 one I have on the shelf for after dd does Geometry.

"= 4" as the topmost formula?

I have the TE for this book maybe. ISBN for teacher ed is 0395430550 copyright 1988, 1986.

TE's don't have solutions worked out; it's just all the answers, teaching suggestions plus an extra set of alternate chapter tests. If you are interested and to be sure of a match, copy some text from a specific page number and we can compare notes.