Menu

An I. D. for ACT testing?

Hi,

I took my daughter, a recent photo, and her birth certificate to a notary public. After explaining that she needed an id for the test, we composed a brief statement to state her identity along with the photo. The notary put his seal on the statement/photo and she took that as her id. The first year the proctor just looked at it, but the second time they kept the id. (So you might not get the photo back.) Check on the college board web site. I think they stated what they required from a notary. (Our bank offers free notary services...you might want to check. If not, the fee should be nominal.)

Thank you for sharing what you did...it sounds like the DMV ID might be the easiest to get. Since some of you have done this, I can rest assured he will not be turned away if he shows up with an ID from the DMV? :thumbup:

My son is signed up for the Sept. 12 test so that gives me plenty of time to get this done...

Since some of you have done this, I can rest assured he will not be turned away if he shows up with an ID from the DMV?

So they don't look weird or anything. :) With the NC ones at least, on the back it says in great big letters "NOT FOR VEHICLE OPERATION". The ACT people didn't even blink.

Thank you for sharing what you did...it sounds like the DMV ID might be the easiest to get. Since some of you have done this, I can rest assured he will not be turned away if he shows up with an ID from the DMV? :thumbup:

My son is signed up for the Sept. 12 test so that gives me plenty of time to get this done...

We got a DMV ID for our ds and it was accepted without question. So no worries there... but if your test date is Sept 12, I'd recommend you go in right away to apply for the ID. It took 4 weeks for ours to come in the mail. We were biting our nails and making contingency plans as the test day approached. Thankfully, it arrived just in time! :tongue_smilie:

Wow -- ID cards only cost $5 here in SC.

Yes, I know it's pricey. However, once I realized that it is good for 8 years and how many standardized tests she will be taking, then I decided to make life a bit easier on all of us.

Hi,

What do home schoolers do about a picture I.D. for the ACT? My son does not have a drivers license at this point or a "school" I.D.

thanks!!

Kirsten

What about a state ID? I took my 14yr old twins and got them a state ID at the drivers license dept. Just needed a certified birth certificate and social security card and something to show proof of address for parent (like check book with printed address, bill, etc).

We got a DMV ID for our ds and it was accepted without question. So no worries there... but if your test date is Sept 12, I'd recommend you go in right away to apply for the ID. It took 4 weeks for ours to come in the mail. We were biting our nails and making contingency plans as the test day approached. Thankfully, it arrived just in time! :tongue_smilie:

We went in to our DMV and came out 30 minutes later with ID in hand. I am so glad we did because the twins needed the ID to take their COMPASS test that day. I was going to get them their military dependant ID but the location that I got my ID wasn't doing them anymore so I went right over to DMV and hoped we would be able to get the ID's.

Yes, I know it's pricey. However, once I realized that it is good for 8 years and how many standardized tests she will be taking, then I decided to make life a bit easier on all of us.

If that's what it costs in your state, there's not much you can do about it. Our IDs may be cheap, but we have to pay property taxes on our vehicles every year.

Wow, I didn't think about the fact that it might take 4 weeks! We will go Friday and find out...maybe we will luck out and can walk out with one in our hand like AnitaMcC did. But if not, I sure do want it in enough time that I don't have to do any nail biting...my nails are already chewed to the nubs just trying to plan curriculum for next year...

:001_smile:Kirsten