Menu

Dinner menu?

I'm NOT in the mood to cook (wanna come cook for us? :p ). I've got chicken thighs thawed so I will probably just throw them in the oven with some barbecue sauce on them and bake a few potatoes while they are cooking. Unless I can convince dh to bring home supper. . . hmm. . .

Pork and Apples...a recipe from the boards. Delicious. Sorry I can't recall to whom to give the credit.

Apples and Pork

I cook mine in a 9x13 baking pan for a family of 6:

1-1/2 lb baby carrots (or peeled and sliced regular carrots)

5-7 apples, peeled, cored, and cut into chunks (I like mac, cortland, or empire)

3 lb boneless pork roast

brown sugar - a couple of handfuls

1 stick melted butter

1. Throw the carrots and apples in the bottom of the pan.

2. Place the pork roast on top, fat side up.

3. Sprinkle brown sugar over the top of all.

4. Drizzle butter over the top of all.

5. Bake at 325 for 20 minutes per pound, plus 20 minutes for being cold in the fridge (so about an hour and a half for 3 pounds), or until a meat thermometer registers 150*.

6. Remove from oven, cover with foil, let sit for 15-20 minutes while the rolls cook (this allows the meat to finish cooking and the juices to evenly distribute themselves in the meat).

If I know I'm going to be out with the kids, I'll cook it at 300 for 2 hours. I think the apples and carrots are softer that way anyway.

Enjoy!

Pork and Apples...a recipe from the boards. Delicious. Sorry I can't recall to whom to give the credit.

Apples and Pork

I cook mine in a 9x13 baking pan for a family of 6:

1-1/2 lb baby carrots (or peeled and sliced regular carrots)

5-7 apples, peeled, cored, and cut into chunks (I like mac, cortland, or empire)

3 lb boneless pork roast

brown sugar - a couple of handfuls

1 stick melted butter

1. Throw the carrots and apples in the bottom of the pan.

2. Place the pork roast on top, fat side up.

3. Sprinkle brown sugar over the top of all.

4. Drizzle butter over the top of all.

5. Bake at 325 for 20 minutes per pound, plus 20 minutes for being cold in the fridge (so about an hour and a half for 3 pounds), or until a meat thermometer registers 150*.

6. Remove from oven, cover with foil, let sit for 15-20 minutes while the rolls cook (this allows the meat to finish cooking and the juices to evenly distribute themselves in the meat).

If I know I'm going to be out with the kids, I'll cook it at 300 for 2 hours. I think the apples and carrots are softer that way anyway.

Enjoy!

Oh my! That sounds like such a good wintery meal. I think I'm driving to your place for dinner! :D Saving this recipe and adding pork roast to my grocery list . . .

Chicken Un-kabobs

I'll take chicken, pineapple, bell peppers, etc., stuff I normally skewer and just make a little stir-fry dish with it. Serve over rice.

From Cooks.com

CHICKEN KABOB MARINADE

1/2 c. soy sauce

1/2 c. pineapple juice

1/4 c. cooking oil

1 tsp. dry mustard

1 tbsp. brown sugar

2 tsp. ground ginger

1 tsp. garlic salt

1/4 tsp. ground pepper

Combine all ingredients in a small saucepan. Simmer five minutes. Cool before marinating chicken. This is wonderful for kabobs using pieces of chicken, pineapple, green pepper, pearl onions, mushrooms, cherry tomatoes, or whatever you would like. For really good kabobs prepare them on the grill.

King Ranch Chicken here. It's so easy..here's the recipe.

3 chicken breast cooked and diced

1 can cream of mushroom

1 can cream of chicken

1 can Rotel tomatoes

1 bag of crushed Tostido's or whatever corn chips

Shredded Mexican or cheddar cheese

Mix all together top with cheese bake 30 minutes and with salad.. you got a meal. Oh yeah...we had wine with our and the kid's ice tea.

Enjoy being snowed in!:D

Black Bean Soup

1 Can Diced Tomatoes (or fresh)

1 Can Black Beans

1 Can Garbanzo Beans

1 Can Whole Kernel Corn

1 Packet Taco Seasoning

1/2 Onion, chopped

1 Packet Dry Ranch Dressing

Pour all into pot and heat!

Top with sour cream or cheese and eat:)

(Blend to make like a dip and eat with tortilla chips)