Menu

FYI, you can change the display mode to "threaded"

When you open a thread, you can click on "Display mode" in upper right hand corner and select "threaded" and then the thread will display similar to the way it did on the old board. You still have to open up the thread, though. I don't think you can display the whole board in threaded mode.

I think it's easier to follow in threaded mode (you know which comments are in response to which ones)

Robin

I kind of like it, but it can be a little confusing in "threaded" view because not everyone who hits "reply" at the end of a page is actually replying to the last post, but are just clicking on the last "reply" on the page to respond to the original post. I know I keep doing it. It's not super-confusing or anything, but not a smooth read like the last board when put in that mode. I figure many of us will probably start using the "quote" option a lot more to make it easier to follow.

If you are in threaded mode, then the quick reply box automatically pops up, and your post will be linked to the one you're commenting on.

Otherwise, if you are not in threaded mode, then when you want to respond to a particular post, you can click on "Quick Reply" which is down there on the right next to the Quote Box, and this same reply box opens up. Makes it a lot easier to respond to a specific post.

But I'm not sure everyone will do that. I think you're right and that most will just hit the main reply button at the bottom of the page.

Okay, now maybe I get it. Quick reply only shows up as a response to a particular comment in a thread if one is viewing in threaded mode? So I guess the only was to indicate a response to a particular comment in linear mode is to use the Quote feature? Is there any way to quote only Part of a post?