Menu

Giant Campus --- A thank you

Earlier this summer 'someone' suggested I look into the Introduction to C++ at Giant Campus for my DS.

THANK YOU!!!

DS completed the online course this past Friday and he really enjoyed it. The class ran from M to F, 1-3pm EST, live-chat if you wanted, interactive, with a teacher checking their programming code....

All day yesterday, most of today, and well, most every moment he had free this past week, he spent programming. Not because he had an assignment but because he wanted to. He enjoyed the class so much he asked that I sign him up for another week long programming class.

We did that and included DS #2 too. :) If you are looking for something for your child to do they do have several online courses with openings.

Carole

Your welcome. That's my opinion too, affordable. I wanted to add that the C++ course was just the 'push' DS needed to start exploring C++ on his own.

Let us know how he likes it. My 2 are signed up for the Intro to Gaming proramming.

Carole

Carole,

Glad your son is enjoying. All my dd's comp courses that she takes through icademy are Giant Campus. We wanted to take some this summer, but we can get credit through Icademy, so we wait.

What is funny w/ I cademy is these courses are intended for shorter periods, so the kids get way ahead in the programs and ace it. I think my dd has gotten all A's . She has taken Basic Comp skills, Digital Photog and in the fall I think Flash Animation.

She loves the courses.

• 3 weeks later...

Carole - my son is doing the C++ course this week and is really enjoying it. (This summer he's also taking a Python class and went to Java camp, which I thought was enough, haha, but he begged to do this, and it's only $129, so . . . why not? ;-)

I'm *so* glad you posted about this class -- thanks for taking the time to do that. I love love love this board!! (& my kids benefit ;-)

~Laura

Your welcome and I'm glad another family is enjoying it. Both sons also took the Introduction to Game Design programming. They didn't enjoy the teacher as much and older DS felt he could have done the class on his own however I felt it was worthwhile. The younger one is now interested in programming.

Giant Campus folks said they were looking into possible offering a year-long high school C++ programming course. I hope they do but until then we at least have their summer sessions.

Carole