What's with the ads?

Photo

What to write for book inscription on baby present?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

What's with the ads?

#1 Gwenny

Gwenny

Hive Mind Level 4 Worker: Builder Bee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 284 posts

Posted 18 July 2009 - 06:52 PM

My sister just had a baby girl, and I bought the baby a nice book of Mother Goose Nursery Rhymes. I'm stumped as to what to write in the front of the book! Beyond "To So-and-so, I hope you enjoy this book", I'm clueless.

Surely the rest of you can come up with something a bit more inspired! Please help me.
Gwenny

#2 mommylawyer

mommylawyer

I Don't Know How I Do It - I Just Do...

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 911 posts

Posted 18 July 2009 - 07:00 PM

"Given with love and the hope that these simple nursery rhymes will open the world of poetry and literature to you, my dear niece.

Love, Aunt Gwenny"

Well, I tried!

#3 Desert Rat

Desert Rat

An Honorary Weasley

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6683 posts

Posted 18 July 2009 - 08:59 PM

May your world be filled with many beautiful stories.

#4 Karen sn

Karen sn

Hive Mind Queen Bee

• Deactivated
  • PipPip
  • 2120 posts

Posted 18 July 2009 - 10:01 PM

"Given with love and the hope that these simple nursery rhymes will open the world of poetry and literature to you, my dear niece.

Love, Aunt Gwenny"

Well, I tried!

I like this!
And I always give books as gifts - they are always written in as well!

#5 amiechoke

amiechoke

Hive Mind Worker Bee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 61 posts

Posted 18 July 2009 - 10:37 PM

How about a book plate to go with it? It's not an inscription, I know, but it's still a nice way to personalize her book - and if you get a small pack of them, it will be the beginning of her library. Which should lead to good things...

#6 Stacia

Stacia

Apprentice Bee Keeper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9529 posts

Posted 19 July 2009 - 12:18 AM

How about a book plate to go with it? It's not an inscription, I know, but it's still a nice way to personalize her book - and if you get a small pack of them, it will be the beginning of her library. Which should lead to good things...

I like the idea of a bookplate too.

In case you want some neat printable ones you could add to the book, check out these links. There are cute ones, funky ones, funny ones, vintage ones, etc....

You could also put a favorite quote of yours about reading or books as part of an inscription.

#7 chalktalk1

chalktalk1

Just Visiting

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 01:44 PM

To Baby _________,
A book is a gift you can open again and again. You are a gift your family will love more and more.

What's with the ads?