Menu

What to write for book inscription on baby present?

My sister just had a baby girl, and I bought the baby a nice book of Mother Goose Nursery Rhymes. I'm stumped as to what to write in the front of the book! Beyond "To So-and-so, I hope you enjoy this book", I'm clueless.

Surely the rest of you can come up with something a bit more inspired! Please help me.

Gwenny

"Given with love and the hope that these simple nursery rhymes will open the world of poetry and literature to you, my dear niece.

Love, Aunt Gwenny"

Well, I tried!

I like this!

And I always give books as gifts - they are always written in as well!

How about a book plate to go with it? It's not an inscription, I know, but it's still a nice way to personalize her book - and if you get a small pack of them, it will be the beginning of her library. Which should lead to good things...

I like the idea of a bookplate too.

In case you want some neat printable ones you could add to the book, check out these links. There are cute ones, funky ones, funny ones, vintage ones, etc....

You could also put a favorite quote of yours about reading or books as part of an inscription.

• 2 years later...