Menu

Well, yesterday both of my dds took the CC placement test

DD1 is a "slow learner". She is the one who we 'graduated' at a 10th grade level in June. She will be 19 in a few weeks.

DD2 is my honor's student. She finished 10th grade at home after being in PS in grades 6-9 (good experience).

They BOTH passed ALL 4 sections--including the essay--DD1 'maybe' completed 3 whole essays her whole life (majorly weak area for her). DD1's score was HIGHER than DD2's on the essay...sure the difference in prompts had something to do with it--but DD2 is my WRITER--she has a novel and writes ALL THE TIME...

DD1 used the free online grammar program (grammar 101) that someone linked here last year... her editing/grammar score was PERFECT... again this is my learning challenged dd here---I need to up my expectations for her!!!

Now I get to sit down and figure out a schedule of courses (that are still open) that will work with them commuting together (30-45 minute drive and dd2 does not have her permit yet!).

I expected dd2 to pass--but dd1--WOW--what a shocker!

Jann

Pleasantly surprised. Writing wasn't his strong point but he did well on the essay part. He is still sad that he couldn't show me the essay. We signed him up for speech and drawing the first semester, and then he did composition. The speech class took him through the writing process many times but without the need for actually doing the writing part. It turned out to be a very good pre-composition class. He also got to hear other people's "papers", something that didn't happen in composition.

I'm happy it went well!

-Nan