Menu

Duiker, Spielvogel World Hist. vs Spielvogel Western Civ.

Okay guys, I need help understand the differences in these texts. Is the world History more appropriate for an AP World History course> Would western Civ be leaving out pertinent info in regards to eastern history?

Can someone tell m the differences and pros/copns? I really like Spielvogel's style and own Western Civ. already just for my own leisure reading, but I'm worried something is missing when it comes to teaching it at the High School level, which I will be doing along with Omnibus.

Human Odyssey - Spielvogel text for high school

World History - includes more of eastern hemisphere. college level text.

Western Civ - college level text. very little mention of eastern hemisphere, except for interaction with the west. you might read about Britain's colonies in India, but not really anything on autonomous Indian history.

Human Odyssey - Spielvogel text for high school

World History - includes more of eastern hemisphere. college level text.

Western Civ - college level text. very little mention of eastern hemisphere, except for interaction with the west. you might read about Britain's colonies in India, but not really anything on autonomous Indian history.

Is some of the text the exact same stuff from western civ, word for word, over in the world history book?