Menu

Any good ideas for salmon preparation?

I have a bunch of salmon fillets (my brother sells seafood to high end restaurants). Usually I either bake them and put a pico de gallo-type "mess" on it (lol), or a butter/brown sugar mixture drizzled over the top, or I'll saute them in a wine glaze.

I need new ideas. I want to have some salmon for dinner tonight but I want it to be different. Any ideas? Include recipes, or link please. Thanks!

We've broiled them.

Or you can wrap them in foil with olive oil and whatever seasoning you like and bake it.

We've also grilled them. Just a hint, when doing this, put foil on the grill first, spray with non stick spray, and then grill the salmon.

I like to do this too, laying lots of thin sliced lemon on top.

1/2 cup chopped cilantro

1/2 cup tequila

1/4 cup fresh lime juice

1/4 cup triple sec

1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil

2 teaspoons minced garlic

2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper

1 teaspoon salt

Blend together all ingredients, except salmon, in gallon size zip-lock plastic bag or flat dish. Add salmon to marinade; turn several times to coat. Cover, if needed, and refrigerate for 1 hour (or longer), turning salmon over after 30 minutes.

We usually grill it in the Gorge Foreman.

Here are three of my favorites:

Salmon Satay:

2 T. Rosemary

4 cloves garlic

1/3 c. dijon mustard

1/3 c. white wine

1/3 c. lemon juice

1/4 c. oyster sauce (find in Asian section)

1/4 c. honey

2 t. Asian hot sauce

Mix all ingredients together in large Ziploc bag, marinate salmon for about 30 min, then cook at 300 degrees, for 18-22 min.

Scottish Salmon:

3 T. dijon mustard

6 T. finely-grated parmesan

1/2 lemon juiced

6 T. flour

salt and pepper

Combine Parmesan and flour. Coat salmon with Dijon then dredge in the mix. Pan fry, broil, or grill 8-10 min. at 400 degrees.

Salmon with Easy Blender Hollondaise:

Place 4-6 oz. pieces on foil-lined cookie sheet. Bake at 300 degrees for 18-22 min. (Yes, just the salmon, with nothing on it at all!)

Top with easy Blender Hollondaise:

1 c. butter, melted and very hot

4-5 egg yolks, room temperature

2 T. lemon juice

1/2 t. salt

1/4 t. Tobasco

Add egg yolks, lemon, and salt in the blender. Turn it on and off a few times. Then turn it on high and pour in the hot butter. You will know when it's done, because it will change consistency and become thick. Serve over cooked salmon immediately. YUM!

This is like the recipe my family LOVES from Saving Dinner:

GRILLED SALMON WITH LIME - GARLIC

BUTTER

4 med. clove garlic, crushed

1/2 c. butter

1/2 c. lime juice

1/4 tsp. pepper

1/4 tsp. hot pepper sauce

1 tsp. salt or to taste

6 salmon steaks

Brown garlic in butter until lightly browned. Combine with lime juice, pepper, hot pepper juice, and salt. Brush salmon with mixture. Broil or barbecue salmon about five minute per inch of thickness on each side. Turn once and brush with garlic butter halfway through cooking time. Heat remaining garlic butter and drizzle over salmon. Six servings.

You can bake up the salmon like normal, then break it up and add it too fettucine with an alfredo sauce. I really like that. (Usually, I am too lazy to make a white sauce, so I just dump heavy cream and parmesan over the hot noodles.)

Salmon patties, with a lot of garlic, are good.

Enjoy it, however you end up fixing it!

Salmon burgers with chipotle sauce. Cook salmon, break up, mix with some bread crumbs and seasoning you like (we like them hot so add chilies and some mayo) then grill and serve like burgers with sauce of choice.

Then there are the salmon croquettes that my mother-in-law makes but I don't. I am sure there is a recipe to be found by Googling!

You lucky duck - to have all this salmon!!

Mary

Even though you liked the salmon burgers, I have to chime in and say that to me, a true blue salmon lover, this would be very near sacrilege if I were at all religious about my food. To me, the best way to eat salmon (I prefer Pacific salmon, of course, having grown up in BC when we all ate wild fish) is freshly caught and plain to savour the fabulous flavour of salmon. However, if it were something like catfish, I would need to doctor it up enormously. For some reason, I don't like that fish.