What's with the ads?

Photo

Meaningful Composition , christian questions

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

What's with the ads?

#1 KatKat

KatKat

Hive Mind Level 2 Worker: Nurse Bee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 113 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 04:04 AM

I am interested in Meaningful Composition for my two very struggling writers, 11 ds & 14 dd. I do not have objections on using a christian curriculum even if we haven't tried one.. I have one concern though, does the program assume previous Bible knowledge or know Bible stories to be able to do meaningful composition? (My dc do not know Bible stories) How much of the topics/writing assignments are Bible based? like write how Jesus, etc.. ... I read one online sample and it said to look up a word in a Bible dictionary. We do not own a Bible dictionary and it wouldn't be a problem if this is done few and far between , we could look it up at Bible dictionaries online. ...Thanks for any info you can give.

Edited by KatKat, 08 July 2009 - 07:37 AM.

#2 Marla

Marla

Hive Mind Level 4 Worker: Builder Bee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 315 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 10:13 AM

I'd email the author and ask her. When I had questions about MC, her response was quick and helpful.

#3 KatKat

KatKat

Hive Mind Level 2 Worker: Nurse Bee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 113 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 02:49 PM

Thank you, I contacted her thru her website and she responded, she said 3 weeks of out the 18 weeks are Bible heavy.

#4 HollyDay

HollyDay

Apprentice Bee Keeper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6351 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 03:31 PM

I have been looking at this program today myself. From what I can see, there are many references to biblical materials. One of the examples involved an essay comparing Jesus to the tabernacle. I have not seen the books in person - only on line.

What's with the ads?