Menu

Remember the thread asking if our habits had changed with this new format?

I originally wrote that I wasn't so apt to be on as long because of the time difference it takes to peruse these forums.

HA!!! (evil laugh)

Yah, um...apparently I'm feeling more comfortable. I do believe I sat down nearly 30 min ago (if not longer :eek:) just "to look really quick". I think I've said to the kids 3 times at least "Ok, we're doing school work in just a minute. Get the table cleared. I'm getting off right now..." And yet here I am typing this NEW THREAD!

That's it. I'm getting off. Now. :)

I just told my kids to watch one more Magic School Bus before school and poured another cup of coffee. I think that maybe it takes longer to see what is going on now. Before many of just posted in the title with <nt> so you could scan the titles and get a good idea of the discussions of the day.

I just told my kids to watch one more Magic School Bus before school and poured another cup of coffee. I think that maybe it takes longer to see what is going on now. Before many of just posted in the title with <nt> so you could scan the titles and get a good idea of the discussions of the day.

I'll go with that. IT has nothing to do with my lack of self control :eek:.

I'm wondering how the boards work as far as the line up of the posts. On the old boards it worked where the newest posts were at the top. How does this one work? I find that they are all over the place to me. So I don't know if I've read all the new posts for today or not. I'd like to figure that out.

Whenever someone responds to a post it is bumped back up to the top. A good way to tell what is new - when you log in and go to a certain forum (which is what I do instead of using the "new posts" feature), all of the threads that are new or have a new message added are bold blue. After you scroll past a page or two (depending on how long you've been away), the thread titles are no longer bold blue - those are the threads that haven't been brought back up to the top.

Clear as mud? :p

So I'm going to have to go cold turkey, or set a timer, or figure something else out. This new format takes much longer to read, because of having to open each post individually, scroll through replies and pages, etc. Before, many posts were just the subject lines, and you could just scroll down the whole page, reading while you went. Much faster.

I'm starting to think cold turkey is the way to make the break, but haven't summoned up the self discipline to do it yet!

Michelle T