Menu

Any adults using Life of Fred?

I made it to Calc. in high school but never really liked math until I became a software developer (self taught). Now that I know how much fun math can be I'm thinking of using the Life of Fred series to review everything and learn new stuff. Any other adults worked their way through the program?

Yes, I'm in Calculus now, and am impatient for Linear Algebra to be released. I was pleased with how much Algebra I recalled, but much of Geometry was foreign to me in terms of formal names of postulates, etc. My high school geometry (math was integrated intil Gr. 13...yes 13) seems more akin to NEM's method than a typical US approach.

Yep...me...Only I started at the beginning...yup...fractions LOL.

I am beginning Algebra 1 this summer and hope to finish this summer and move into Advanced Algebra in the Fall. I love Fred and I am finally understanding math like I never did before. It is helping ME to teach math to my older and younger kids like I even know what I am talking about!

~~Faithe

I'm just about finished with fractions (which I somehow missed entirely during my p.s. education...I moved a lot). I plan to go through the whole series. I adored algebra and geometry in school, but I got my GED before finishing alg. 2. I'm can't WAIT to learn calculus!

Just a request that if you're like minded, please email Stan Schmidt to request LoF: Logic. He keeps track of requests and hasn't yet decided what to do after finishing up the pre-algebra series currently in the works.

I've started Fractions and intend to go through the whole program. I made it through the second quarter of Algebra 2 in high school and then eeked by in Probability in college. I did well in Stats and ended up really liking it in my University days. I have to say that I've learned more math from Rightstart than I ever thought I would, just through teaching it. I hope to learn as much, if not more, with Fred.

Yes. I was a math-hater in school. As an adult, I have tried to repair my horribly botched math education. Now that I have found LOF, I enjoy it and am working through, starting with Fractions. I am now on D&P and plan to move on to Beginning Algebra.