Menu

Anyone familiar with Maryville College in TN?

JFSinIL

I have a friend who grew up in Maryville and who tells me the campus is very beautiful. The school has a good reputation and if your child likes to hike/camp, etc. then it would be a wonderful place to be! Maryville is the back door to the Smoky Mountains National Park and Gatlinburg area. You can also jump on the Blue Ridge Parkway and hop over to Asheville, NC from the park. I think it's definitely worth a look if you're in the area!

We just got back from Sewanee and it is surrounded by at least 3 parks, plus the campus is on 13,000 acres of wooded mountain top, as well. I didn't feel they did a very good job of providing us with the sort of info we really needed in order to make a decision about the school, so you might want to go prepared with some specific questions.

You haven't happened upon Oberlin (OH) or Knox (IL) yet in your visits by chance, have you? I'm casting an eye in those directions right now....

Have fun in your search,