Menu

WooHoo! I just ordered $1700 worth of books for only $200!

I'm doing the happy dance and praising G-d!!! \o/ Rejoice with me my sistahs!

Got Algebra 1, 2 and geometry dvd's, student texts, and solutions manuals (same as CD)!!! We're set until college!

Many thanks to Pongo for all her help!!!!:party:

I just ordered the Chalkdust Geometry. The text is called Elementary Geometry for College Students

DVD

ISBN-13: 9780618645336

Text

ISBN-13: 9780618645251

Solutions Manual

ISBN-13: 978-0618645268

The full posts are on the K-8 Board. I ordered the DVDs from ecampus and the text and solutions manual from used book dealers on Amazon. I paid $72.50 for the Geometry student text, $34.79 for the solutions manual, and $42.69 for the DVDs. Shipping is extra.

Jackie,

There are 2 different Chalkdust Geometry programs, Traditional and New. I was only able to find a hardcover book for the New program with the numbers I listed. I'm not sure if it is available in paperback. It was the 4th edition of the book. I should have checked to see if I could have found a paperback. I will post the ISBNs for the Traditional program too. I decided on the new program from what I read on the Chalkdust web site. I got all of this info on the thread on the K-8 board. I wish I knew how to link it.

Traditional Geometry

DVD

ISBN-13: 9780618400959

Text

ISBN-13: 978-0669316650

Teachers Annotated Edition

ISBN-13: 978-0669316674

Complete Solutions Guide

ISBN 13: 978-0669-31679-7

Jackie,

There are 2 different Chalkdust Geometry programs, Traditional and New. I was only able to find a hardcover book for the New program with the numbers I listed. I'm not sure if it is available in paperback. It was the 4th edition of the book. I should have checked to see if I could have found a paperback. I will post the ISBNs for the Traditional program too. I decided on the new program from what I read on the Chalkdust web site. I got all of this info on the thread on the K-8 board. I wish I knew how to link it.

Traditional Geometry

DVD

ISBN-13: 9780618400959

Text

ISBN-13: 978-0669316650

Teachers Annotated Edition

ISBN-13: 978-0669316674

Complete Solutions Guide

ISBN 13: 978-0669-31679-7

Oh, you got the new version, that makes sense. I didn't have any trouble finding those DVDs, but for some reason the ISBN for the "traditional" DVDs (above) always turns up a hardcover textbook instead of DVDs.

I'd love to know what you think about the "new" text; some of the reviews on Amazon were brutal and that put me off somewhat. But it seems like the old DVDs are just not available any more, so I may not have a choice. :sad:

Jackie

Yeah, I read the reviews too and it gave me the "willies" but I have used Chalkdust for many years and the dvd instruction will overcome any difficulties a text may present. The text is really only used for the practice problems. I remember when we did the Algebra 2 especially, I could not help my son unless I watched the videos with him. I actually hated the text and wading through it was so time-consuming. That's why I took the time to watch the videos and had no problems if I kept up. I remember Chalkdust geometry being very proof oriented and used Discovering Geometry and Geometer Sketchpad for my second son because I thought Chalkdust would be too difficult for him. Now I'm doing Geometry for the third time with my daughter and decided to use Chalkdust again. She did Chalkdust Algebra 1. I'm trying to go for consistency here with math and am determined to stick with the same program. This was what I read to decide between traditional or new. Scroll down about 3/4 http://www.chalkdust.com/faq.html

Yeah, I read the reviews too and it gave me the "willies" but I have used Chalkdust for many years and the dvd instruction will overcome any difficulties a text may present. The text is really only used for the practice problems.

Oh, that's good to know. I was wondering if I could use the CD Algebra DVDs with another text since I don't like Larson that much, but if basically all the instruction comes from the videos and the text is just used for the problems, then I guess the text doesn't matter so much. Thanks for the info, it's very helpful!

Jackie

For some reason, I'm having trouble locating the Algebra 2 ISBNs on Pongo's thread.

Also, is the progression for Chalkdust go in this order:

Algebra 1

Geometry

Precalculus

Calculus?

We're celebrating with you!:hurray:

You need to do Algebra 2 after Geometry before Precalculus.

This one's Algebra 1

Houghton Mifflin Mathematics Instructional Dvd Series: Used with ...Larson-Elementary Algebra

Tags: Video / DVD / Genres /

Edition: 4 DVD

Release: 2005-01-30

Format: DVD

ISBN 10: 0618388230

ISBN 13: 9780618388233

I have the Algebra 1 Books and dvds we used this year (keeping them for future reference)

Student Text 0618107746, 9780618107742

Solutions 0618107770, 9780618107773

This one's Algebra 2

Algebra 2 DVD-ISBN: 9780618306763

Text ISBN: 9780618218783

Student Solutions ISBN 978-0618218806

I got my Algebra 2 text and solutions manual used on Amazon for $14 and $5 plus shipping. I ordered the dvds (both geometry and algebra 2) from ecampus and haven't received them yet. I hope that doesn't get cancelled!

The status on the ecampus ordered says completed so I will cross my fingers.

Several have posted and wanted to know from whom I ordered. Amazon was the supplier. However, my first order for geometry and algebra 1 dvd's was cancelled. G-d answered my prayer (after much frustration looking w/o asking; when am I ever going to learn?) the following for algebra 1 dvd's.

• ISBN-10: 0618753966
  • ISBN-13: 978-0618753963

Looking up,

Teresa

• ISBN-10: 0618753966
  • ISBN-13: 978-0618753963

The listings I get with these say "Media Enhanced Edition, Hardcover"

Can someone explain what "Media Enhanced Hardcover" means? Is this the text plus the DVDs? Book and no DVDs? Just DVDs and no book (and the "hardcover" designation is a mistake)?

Jackie

UPDATE: The ISBN's I gave above got me the new geometry dvd set by Daniel Alexander. Great, except I have the books for traditional geometry. Also, the Alexander geometry got horrible reviews on amazon.

Teresa

Correction: I received what I thought was the solutions manual for the New Geometry program and it is a Student Study Guide. Wrong Book! Even the description said when I purchased it, "Elementary Geometry for College Students: Study and Solutions Manual" but it is not the right book. The isbn's for the wrong book are 9780618645268 and 0618645268.