Menu

Prayer requests (keeping track of them here on the boards)

As I was praying this morning I found myself wondering if, with the new board format, there is any way to optimize the opportunity to keep track of current prayer requests (health, job, home selling, etc) and their status, etc. I would love to be able to more faithfully hold up the needs of my board friends...any ideas?

It would be a great idea!

For all you prayer warriors, please keep praying for my ds's girlfriend, Rebecca. She goes back into the drs today. We are all so extremely frustrated that they have not given the test results. I am very alarmed by the fact that she is becoming more anemic, but am confused b/c she actually is less jaundiced and looks better.

I pray it is only mono. I really hope we have definitive answers by this weekend b/c that is the last time I will be living in our TN for ds to be home with us for the results.:(

As I was praying this morning I found myself wondering if, with the new board format, there is any way to optimize the opportunity to keep track of current prayer requests (health, job, home selling, etc) and their status, etc. I would love to be able to more faithfully hold up the needs of my board friends...any ideas?

Hmmm. Maybe someone could start a thread every Monday, to which we can add each week? And, once subscribed to the thread, you'll have quick(er) access to it (and even emails if you choose).

Just an idea, keeping in mind that I'm new at these boards!

How do we take a poll? We could poll the board to see if there is enough interest in something like this and plan from there....I just don't know how to do the fancy shmancy polling that I've seen in place on the new boards. :-P I see where there is the option to indicate how many poll items you'd like to include but when I preview post I don't see anything in the way of a poll.....

Hmmm. Maybe someone could start a thread every Monday, to which we can add each week? And, once subscribed to the thread, you'll have quick(er) access to it (and even emails if you choose).

What about having a separate thread for this? Something like Prayer or Christian Issues???

I think you're suggestion is in keeping with Andie's. I like the idea because, as Andie said, with the new format, followup would be practically automatic as each subscriber to the thread would get updates, new requests, etc as they are added to the thread. I'm game to initiate the thread each Monday if there's sufficient interest......

If we put "prayer request" in the thread title, then after we scroll allll the way down to the bottom of a post it will display "similar threads" --bringing up ANY prayer requests. But people have to be pretty specific about labeling it as such. Don't forget the search feature too!!

i think there's also some sort of "group" feature in the User Control, but i'm not sure how that works....

Hello, VaKim! Thanks for the info. Of course, the "powers that be" would have to take this ball to run with it. I'm sure if they feel it's a good idea they'll respond accordingly. If, for some reason, it's not tenable, then the weekly thread with regular updates to the subscribers could still work well, I think.

I like Peek's idea. Or bumping a thread up every Monday. The only problem with creating a new Thread each Monday is that there are requests still in the works that might not have updates.

QUOTE]

This will definitely be something that we could play around with to figure out the best way to go about it. The newly identified "similar thread" feature could very well be the ticket. That would possibly be the simplest way. Two things would be important for users to do: 1) be sure to put the words Prayer Request in the title line and 2) be sure to edit/update along the way so that everyone could be apprised of how the Lord is working. :) I say, let's try this first and see how it goes....what say all of you? We can always move on to a Plan B if need be.

Using the edit feature to add this - after just a few minutes I have these observations - in checking the similar threads, I'd have to go in and subscribe to each one to get updates on them. also, someone just posted a "thank you for praying for us" in the title line that does not show up in the similar threads of the prayer requests though a post not related to prayer but that does use the word request does. Of course, the thank you for praying for us post contains an update of which we would want to be aware. At this moment, I guess I'm not convinced the similar thread option is going to be the best option afterall....I'm leaning toward preferring to seek a single thread devoted to prayer support (requests, updates, etc) because it would provide for an automatic update with only one subscription and would include *all* efforts to request/update without any slipping through the cracks. For now, these are my thoughts on this...