Menu

Female question, likely to get TMI

Let me start by saying I was not going to post this, but I just don't have any idea who to ask here except for calling the gyn. In the past he's said that unless cycles are starting every 2 weeks or I'm skipping them entirely, there's no reason to worry. Oh, and I'm 38. FWIW, mom started menopause about 50.

In December on CD 26, I started to bleed (Jan 10). Usual cycles start between 29 and 32, so this one was early. Then I only bled for 30 hours! They usually last 4-5 days with a taper off the last day or 2 (day 4 and 5 are light). This one was <bam> gone. There and then it wasn't there. Very strange!:confused:

So I get to reading on-line and find out that some women have implantation bleeding similar to what I had. Some, not all. I've taken 3 pg tests and all were negative. The last one was this past Sunday, a week + after the bleeding.

So would you think that one day (really) was it and I'm on a new cycle? Or is there still a chance that I am pg? I'm ready to throw in the towel on this. I'm tired of not knowing. Is this just the joy of getting older? :(

I had implantation bleeding with my ds on CD 26. It was just pinkish for about 2 days...I knew it was weird at the time, but when I told my friend about it about 5 days later she insisted I take a test which immediately came out positive. I think once the baby is implanted THAT is the point that the HCG begins to be produced. So I am pretty sure that if you are pregnant you would have tested positive by now.

I have cycles like what you describe. Everything just starts becoming unpredictable as you get older. For instance right now I am on about CD 50. Next cycle might be only 25 or 26 days long. It is a real pain...and you wonder constantly if you are pregnant. My advice-- Go buy the 3 pack of Equate HPTs ($10 for the pack at Wal-Mart) and keep them on hand just to ease your mind every couple of weeks.

I'm 43 now, and since my late 30's, my cycles are just wacky. I can go a few months without a period, then have it every two weeks. Some are super light, some are really heavy.

At first, I was doing home pregnancy tests all the time! Finally I realized it was very unlikely I am going to get pregnant (it's been more than five years with no prevention, and I have not been pregnant once in that time) and I just chalk it all up to perimenopause now.

Michelle T