Menu

MUS in high school

Is it true that the upper levels of MUS---Algebra on up---have tests that are only multiple choice?? I read this somewhere, and then looking at the samples online it looks this way. Is this a bad thing? :confused: It just seems so strange.

Yes and yes.

This is a topic that causes a lot of contraversy on this forum. If you search the forums for MUS, I'm sure you'll find more than you want to know. I have taught MUS's alg/geo and pre-alg and pre-geo and followed it with Foersters alg and either Jacobs or CD geo. There is absolutely no comparison in material covered.

But.....there are those that swear by MUS and your search will take you to them. :D

I just always assumed that MUS did their high school levels that way because that was the format of the math questions the student will see on the ACT/SAT. It doesn't seem to be a large problem to me - they still have to know how to solve the problem in order to get it correct.

I .......that was the format of the math questions the student will see on the ACT/SAT. It doesn't seem to be a large problem to me - they still have to know how to solve the problem in order to get it correct.

I don't use Math-U- See, but just wanted to comment that this is the response I got from a friend who is a college math prof. when he asked me about the tests in Foerster's.

Susan

The weekly lesson tests are multiple choice (great ACT prep!). The unit tests (every 10-12 lessons) are not multiple choice. The final is not multiple choice. This is the case for Algebra 1 and 2, and Geometry.