Menu

For those who had dc graduate at your homeschool convention...

Guest kacifl

Guest kacifl

In Florida, the FPEA convention has a graduation ceremony for those interested parties. It is very big. I think the average is around 100-200 students graduating. There is a banquet after the event and a breakfast the next morning.

I think that we'd like to do this rather than have a ceremony with our very small homeschool group. I'm curious about others who have participated in such an event.

Well thank you on your thoughts about FPEA graduation.

I'm one of the FPEA directors and this year I handed the diplomas to Senator Webster as he presented the graduates with their diplomas.

It was worth every minute of the hard work. It was a truly great experience. It was very emotional when the graduates walked in.

This year we had 230 graduates.

Thanks,

Maury

For us it was worth the effort even though ds wasn't particularly thrilled, especially when he found out that he had to submit an essay. He ended up having a wonderful time, though. The CAPE volunteers did a wonderful job. The evening was probably most meaningful for grandparents and other family members who had encouraged us from the beginning but still wondered from time to time how it's possible to do high school without a group of professional edcators telling you what/how/when to do everything. I have to admit it gave me a much-needed sense of closure, too.