Menu

10th grade English/Literature suggestion?

English is not my specialty... so I'm not as up on what is out there. I'm looking for an English course for a 10th grader who has already completed Notgrass World and American History/Lit. He is a VERY good writer (as told to us by his college prof. that we have supervising his writing). That college prof. is not up on homeschool curricula though. So... suggestions?

I'd like something that works in classical/traditional books of some sort. This son wants to go into genetic engineering/medical research so it needs to be college bound material.

Whatever we use for Lit, we will be using Wordly-Wise along with it.

Institute for Excellence in Writing has some new literature units that look REALLY GOOD! They are Excellence in Literature and IEW sells the American and British literature books. There are samples that you can download. There are also some other books on the authors website - excellence in literature.

You might also consider Hewitt's Lightning Literature and Composition guides. They have several programs that one might use for British Literature:

# British Literature: Early - Mid 19th Century

# British Literature: Mid - Late 19th Century

# Shakespeare: Tragedies and Sonnets

# Shakespeare: Comedies and Sonnets

# Medieval British Literature

# Christian British Authors of the Late 19th - Early 20th Centuries

Regards,

Kareni