Menu

BJU or SOS Spanish?

My dd did BJU. My son is doing SOS. I got the idea that my daughter, who has obviously seen the SOS, thought BJU was better in terms of instruction and being systematic. If you'd like, I'll ask her for a more specific opinion.

I can tell you that I most certainly don't regret the BJU (which was done with a professor and a group of homeschoolers). My daughter was quite competent before the first year was over. Part of that is probably her though. She really enjoyed it and found it interesting. By 2nd semester of the first year, she was reading chapter books in Spanish. It wasn't flawless but she could do it and enjoy it.

I can't compare the programs, but I can tell you that I tried SOS Spanish II and didn't like it. We had completed Visual Link Spanish I, and I thought perhaps we should switch. Perhaps if we had started with SOS, we wouldn't have been so lost. Anyway, we went back to Visual Link Spanish II and their Personal Proficiency Trainer and have been quite happy.

Grace