Menu

Does everyone use Apologia? Looking for science.

I was thinking ahead for science and right now we are using PH Science Explorers but I started using them in 5th so I will run out after 7th grade and would love to go ahead and start my son in biology in 8th. I would love a good high school course but I don't see many resources for high school biology other than Apologia. We are Christian but are not young earth so it would be hard for us to use Apologia however if there are other christian resources that are also ok with evolution then that would be fine with us. If it is secular that is ok too. I need something really strong in science. My son LOVES science and wants to be a dr. So any secular people that have a particular science they love. I would love for it to have labs and a teacher's manual. Although teacher manual is not as important as labs (my dh is a chemist and majored in biology/chemistry so he is very equipped for science).

I was thinking ahead for science and right now we are using PH Science Explorers but I started using them in 5th so I will run out after 7th grade and would love to go ahead and start my son in biology in 8th. I would love a good high school course but I don't see many resources for high school biology other than Apologia. We are Christian but are not young earth so it would be hard for us to use Apologia however if there are other christian resources that are also ok with evolution then that would be fine with us. If it is secular that is ok too. I need something really strong in science. My son LOVES science and wants to be a dr. So any secular people that have a particular science they love. I would love for it to have labs and a teacher's manual. Although teacher manual is not as important as labs (my dh is a chemist and majored in biology/chemistry so he is very equipped for science).

We are not using Apologia sciences. We are going to use secular texts that are commonly used for honors sciences in high schools.

For Biology: Campbell Concepts and Connections

For Chemistry: Suchocky Conceptual Chemistry

For Physics: Hewitt Conceptual Physics.

But this is if twins don't qualify to take science at Jr College. Then for Ds he will go on for AP level chemistry and physics if he doesn't do dual credit this year. He also plans to do earth, geology, astronomy, environmental sciences... he is a science geek-LOL. Except for biology... he will take it if he has to-LOL. If he could take only molecular biology then he would be okay with it.