Menu

Conceptual Physics users

I think it's the Instructor's Manual for the college editions.

I have the Test Bank and Instructor's Manual (It came as a set at a used book store.) The test bank has bunches of multiple choice questions for each chapter. The Instructor's Manual has lecture presentation suggestions and the answers to the exercises, in paragraph format.

You don't really need either, but it might make life easier.

You'll have the answers to the odd numbered problems, some sample exams, and of course, the workbook problems. The isbn is 0-321-05153-x. I sure wanted the answers to at least some of the book's exercises. I don't think the student book has any answers to the end of chapter problems and exercises. I bought an unmarked used one for about $10.00 a few months ago.

Janice. I don't know if you saw this link I posted in another thread, but it contains the answers to the 9th edition (and probably most other editions) exercises at the end of each chapter. There is a lot of other information inside also.

http://www.andrews.edu/~mattingl/courses/phys115/HEWITT/

I did see it, but my browser wouldn't open the links. I may try again. Thanks for reposting!

ETA I was able to open it this time, perhaps because I accepted the cookie this time.

Edited by Karin

You'll have the answers to the odd numbered problems, some sample exams, and of course, the workbook problems. The isbn is 0-321-05153-x. I sure wanted the answers to at least some of the book's exercises. I don't think the student book has any answers to the end of chapter problems and exercises. I bought an unmarked used one for about $10.00 a few months ago.

I do have it; my db sent it along with the textbook. I was wondering how I'll grade the answers to questions in the textbook.

EUREKA! I was able to open that answer page.

Janice. I don't know if you saw this link I posted in another thread, but it contains the answers to the 9th edition (and probably most other editions) exercises at the end of each chapter. There is a lot of other information inside also.

http://www.andrews.edu/~mattingl/courses/phys115/HEWITT/

Which book is this for? I haven't bought the Conceptual Physics text yet but I planned on getting: Hewitt Conceptual Physics

ISBN-10 0131943294 ISBN-13 9780131943292 10th edition. Is this the college level?

Which book is this for? I haven't bought the Conceptual Physics text yet but I planned on getting: Hewitt Conceptual Physics

ISBN-10 0131943294 ISBN-13 9780131943292 10th edition. Is this the college level?

If you google the ISBN number you'll find out, because you'll get a link to the Addison Wesley site for college texts. I found this out googling my ISBN number for the 9th edition when I noticed that it was different than the one on Amazon or somewhere like that even though it had the same cover. My db had a sample copy as he teaches post-secondary Physics but didn't need it after all since he is only teaching regular Physics right now, so I got it and the Practicing Physics book for free--he even paid the postage to mail it to me.

ETA this is still the Pearson text

WOW, no I missed your post. Excellent. Thank you.