Menu

Oh, just shoot me now....

swimsuit shopping for blossomed-in-the-last-year dd12. Isn't it bad enough I have to find swimsuits and blue jeans to fit my own hard-to-fit self?

I love her. I love her. I love her. She's making me crazy.

Honestly, I respect her modesty, good sense and tenacity. Just wish I could afford a custom designer.

That is all. Off to the mall. Personally, I'll be looking for the Cinnabon store....

:grouphug:

Reading you thread gives me flash-backs......I was the kid who finally found that elusive modest yet cute swimsuit and then was too embarrassed to wear it anywhere but the backyard.:lol:.....and I do recall my mother getting very gray hair around that time.:tongue_smilie:

swimsuit shopping for blossomed-in-the-last-year dd12. Isn't it bad enough I have to find swimsuits and blue jeans to fit my own hard-to-fit self?

Honestly, I respect her modesty, good sense and tenacity. Just wish I could afford a custom designer.

That is all. Off to the mall. Personally, I'll be looking for the Cinnabon store....

oh, the memories. :001_huh: :grouphug: Good luck.

I couldn't help but laugh though. My mum and I went bathing suit shopping for me a couple of weeks ago and I had very many of the same specifications and problems. I probably drove my poor mum insane too. I'll give her a hug too I think.

Swim suit shopping is a NIGHTMARE for us! My oldest has also "blossomed" over the last 2 years and it is IMPOSSIBLE to find an attractive bathing suit that fits and is modest! So we have given up the search! We (this decision coming from my dd13 herself), have started shopping for either modest swim skorts, or shorts and pair them with a tank top from the excercise department and a sports bra. This is the second year that dd has chosen this, and it is working well for her. She is comfortable with what she is wearing to the beach/pool so this makes her summer more enjoyable than having to worry about a strap falling off her shoulder when she comes up out of the water etc.

Who needs a bathing suit?!?

Life is good!

I think my daughter was 13 when I took her to the mall, left her at her favorite clothing store, told her the spending limit, then I went to the bookstore. When she was done selecting & trying on clothing she came to get me. She modeled everything for me to give final approval. I think there were two tops I refused, but she already knew that was likely. She stayed within budget, picked items I approved, no whining, she had fun picking her own clothes, and I had fun at the bookstore.

I understand your conundrum. For the past two years, I've been able to fit my bigger/taller than most dd with swim shorts and a swim shirt. However, this year she has definitely 'blossomed,' as you put it, and, therefore, just a swimshirt and shorts will not work. So...I wound up going to Big 5 (a sporting goods store) and buying her a pricey (somewhere around $40) swimsuit that actually FITS and doesn't show off what it shouldn't! So, I suppose it's money well spent and she likes it!

I was having a hard time finding a suit for my blossoming 12 y.o. tomorrow daughter and we went to Marshalls yesterday after having no luck anywhere else and came home with two very nice, modest and attractive 1 piece suits. Maybe you'll have some luck there?

I'm not sure which is more difficult to find a suit for....the newly blossomed teen body or the ever changing Mommy body, with the recently deflated BooKS and the ever expanding pouch in the front (and not because someone's in there doing the expanding.) I sound like a backpack!

Have you looked on landsend.com? They have some modest but nice looking one-pieces and tankini's that cover all the important areas.

Good luck! (we all need it this time of year!)