Menu

Life of Fred Statistics -- anyone used this?

I want to go back to school within the next few years and get my Master's (at least) in Developmental Psychology. I did my undergraduate in Public Relations. Before I am even admitted I need to take two undergraduate level classes I've never taken:

+ an introductory inferential statistics course

+ Completion of one psychology laboratory or research methodology course or demonstrated competence in research methodology

I took and passed a Communications Research Methods class but I don't know if that would count as this is Psychology, YKWIM?

Before I actually take the class I would like to get familiar with Statistics. I'm considering LOF Stats as I'm a literature girl and I like to see the big picture.

Has anybody used Life of Fred Statistics?

Thanks!

Thanks for the reviews! That's great! I don't even know where I'm going to take the course. I live on an island, not near a major university. My nearest center is a community college, but I want to make sure that the credits are going to be transferred before I even apply. I just want to give myself an introduction. I may have to attend an online class at the large public university in the nearest town, which is an hour and a half away.

I think I will get the LOF text. It's always nice to know your stats too, whether it be for school or for life.

My husband used this to brush up for an Army course he needed to take. He loved it and I have to say it was nice to see the end in the progression of courses with Fred. He was quite impressed by the scope of this book.

Does he still need it? (wink wink) ;)

He loved it and I have to say it was nice to see the end in the progression of courses with Fred.
Not quite the end: LoF: Linear Algebra is complete and due out soon.