Menu

Small Prints of Masterpieces--where can I find some?

elw_miller

Does anyone know where I could find small prints of masterpieces (you know, the art everyone is supposed to be able to recognize)? :) I want to tape them to our fridge or use them in discussions about art.

Even a book I could tear apart and laminate could work in a pinch.

Any other ideas?

Check dollar stores for art calendars. They should be really cheap now.

Also library sales often have art books that are being discarded--you can cut them apart.

If you have an art museum in your town, they are likely to have postcards.

You can also order Dover prints of famous art--they are about 3x5. Try Rainbow Resource.

But try the dollar stores first! lol

I got 6 or 7 calendars about 5 years ago--Matisse, Picasso, O'Keeffe, Monet, Dali, etc.

TUNE IN Art products are designed around selections for the Official Lists of the Texas UIL Art Contest (which change every two years), but they make excellent classroom instructional materials as well. Each UIL Official List includes 40 paintings, from the holdings of the National Gallery of Art in Washington, D. C. and from selected museums throughout Texas.

http://www.elizajan.com/art.htm

Previous years are $2.95 for the small (4x6) prints (40). These are nice for making a fine art scrapbook.

The ArtSmart Bulletin is useful if you want to spend the extra $$ for the current prints.

There may be UIL art contests for other states as well.

Check dollar stores for art calendars. They should be really cheap now.

Also library sales often have art books that are being discarded--you can cut them apart.

:iagree:

Postcards are so darned small. Even with full page prints we get out a magnifier and look more closely.