Menu

Math ideas (s/o Colleen's thread)

My rising 8th grade son is very math adept. He has finished LOF Beginning Algebra and is working on LOF Advanced Alg. He will finish Adv. Alg. by Christmas break in 8th grade. My idea would be to continue with geometry (I have Jacobs and MUS) and then, probably in mid 9th grade, have him do an Alg.1 & Alg. 2 review.

Instead of using two separate levels, is there a program available that does a review of both algebra 1 and 2 in a single book for a single year? Maybe a Lial text?

Most Algebra 2 texts would be fine for a review... they will include the Algebra 1 concepts since those are the foundation for Algebra 2...

Lial does have a combination text that reduces some of the overlap. It was designed as a 'review' course for students who had taken these courses previously (I don't recommend it for students going through Algebra the first time...).

Look for "Introductory and Intermediate Algebra"

2005 edition at half.com isbn is 0321279220 (good copy for $10). TE can also be found in the same search at half.com (look under used like new)

The student text should be all that is needed. The isbn for the solutions manual will be on the back of the student text.