Menu

I am so excited about attending this graduation!

A teen mom who grew up in foster care is graduating from high school in two weeks. I took care of her newborn for 2-3 months at the start of her senior year while she arranged child care and started the year. I was so happy to hear from her and be invited to her graduation! I am trying to think of a good gift for her. She is going on to college and is doing well. I even get to keep her baby for the weekend next week so she can go to her senior prom. I love happy outcomes!

Good for her! It is so nice to hear positive things happening for someone who is coming from a rough situation. And how awesome that she invited you to attend and is in contact with you! It makes quite a statement about you and your influence as well.

That is wonderful, Cathy! You always seem very humble, but I'm glad she recognizes how your open heart and home helped her get to this point.:001_smile:

Do you have any ideas for a gift yet? I'm thinking something practical like money for books or coupons for child-care during finals week. But perhaps a journal or an inspirational book may be appreciated, too.