Menu

Science Magazines for teens?

Well, it doesn't focus on only one topic an issue, but Knowledge magazine, by the BBC is fabulous.

DS has received (in the past) National Geographic, Discover, and Scientific American. He loved Nat'l Geo, but would never get all the way through it. SA was over his head too often, and Discover simply dealt with too many "adult" things. Knowledge, though not aimed at teens, is a perfect fit. He reads it cover to cover as soon as he gets it in the mail (6x a year).

a

Jane in NC has spoken highly of ChemMatters which she mentions here.

Regards,

Kareni

That looks like a good magazine, but we're studying bio next year so I wanted something that would include more bio topics. Thanks for the reminder though. If ds decides on chem for 10th, I'll be getting it then.

Well, it doesn't focus on only one topic an issue, but Knowledge magazine, by the BBC is fabulous.

DS has received (in the past) National Geographic, Discover, and Scientific American. He loved Nat'l Geo, but would never get all the way through it. SA was over his head too often, and Discover simply dealt with too many "adult" things. Knowledge, though not aimed at teens, is a perfect fit. He reads it cover to cover as soon as he gets it in the mail (6x a year).

a

This does look good! I now need to find the issue that's on line. It'll be great for next year's science.

a

Thanks...I subscribed! My DH has really been enjoying my Science Teacher magazine (grin) and this looks like one we'll both read cover-to-cover. :)

It's probably for younger teens, but my dd likes Odyssey as it's the best one she found in the Children's Room in our library. It focuses on one topic per issue.

However, I'm think I'm going to get her that Chemistry magazine Jane recommended in that other thread because I think she'll like it, and it's very reasonably priced.