Menu

Traditional Logic I - DVDs or not?

My 7th grader (13 yo) has done Mind Benders, Grid perplexors, Logic Spiders and Fallacy Detective. I'm planning to have her do Traditional Logic I in the fall (8th grade). I'm wondering if the DVDs were worth purchasing? Dd will do TL independently, so will the DVD help in understanding concepts? Does the DVD give additional info? Even though she's done critical thinking it's her first year doing formal logic.

Thanks so much for the advice!

Well, we used this with my oldest and he was ok doing it on his own. But next child did not get it. At the time, we were in a pinch and couldn't afford the DVDs. But if I decide to do this program with my other children, I will DEFINITELY buy the DVDs. I just can't teach this - it's difficult even for me.

FWIW,

I bought them because dd doesn't like me to teach her much. At 14, she tends to conduct most of her conversations with me as arguments, so I don't mind letting her learn by reading, or, in this case, but DVD & Reading. We will need to discuss things, but this will help.