What's with the ads?

The Teaching Co: How To Understand And Listen To Great Music For Sale

Price - 10.00

Time Left - 11 Days, 9 Hours

Please sign in to contact advertiser directly

Note: In order to purchase item or to contact member, you must have at least 1 post on the forums.

How to Understand and Listen to Great Music. Gently used by only adults and two high school students. ;) Smoke-free home.

Payment and Shipping:
-- PayPal preferred
-- Normal shipping is via Media Mail.
-- Multiple items purchased can be combined into one shipment, and shipping costs reduced accordingly. (Check my other listings.)

How to Understand and Listen to Great Music: The Greenberg Lectures, The Teaching Company (1996), Complete set on audio cassette, Like New -- $10 ppd* (Retail $350)

This is a wonderful resource for teaching music appreciation and history at the high school level. It is pretty much the same course as the current 3rd edition by the same title from the Great Courses series. Mine is the first edition on audio cassettes, so there is no video of the lecturer talking, but the content is the same. You can see the current 3rd edition course and a list of lecture titles (which haven’t changed) here: http://www.thegreatcourses.com/courses/how-to-listen-to-and-understand-great-music-3rd-edition.html
I used this course with my ds (in 9th grade) both for music appreciation and for teaching note-taking from audio lectures. It was very effective for both purposes.
College-level content, and occasional mild language in the lectures, so this course is best suited for 9th grade and up.

The set consists of 48 lectures, packaged in 6 volumes (Parts 1-6). Each volume contains:
-- Eight lectures on 4 audio cassette tapes
-- One accompanying study booklet, with handy summaries and charts of major concepts.

*This set was given to us by friends who wanted to donate it for use by homeschooling families, so I am offering it for basically the cost of shipping and PayPal fees.

ANOTHER MUSIC RESOURCE YOU MAY ENJOY:
Building a Classical Music Library, 3rd edition, Bill Parker, Like New -- $7 ppd (Retail $14.95)
This is a nice resource for parents who would like to build a good collection of classical music CDs, or just want to get some recommendations of good classical works to listen to/familiarize their children with. Contains recommendations, and interesting notes on composers and their pieces.

There are no public questions for this advertisement

Advertiser Info