What's with the ads?

History, Government, & Economics For Sale

Price - Free

Time Left - 28 Days, 3 Hours

Please sign in to contact advertiser directly

Note: In order to purchase item or to contact member, you must have at least 1 post on the forums.

Drive-Thru History, Holt American Government, Whatever Happened to Penny Candy, and more. Gently used by only 1 or 2 students. Smoke-free home. All of these books were winners for us. I hope they will work for you! :001_smile:

Payment and Shipping:
-- Paypal preferred
-- Normal shipping is via Media Mail.
-- Multiple items purchased can be combined into one shipment, and shipping costs reduced accordingly. (Check my other listings.)

This is a constantly expanding list as I go through my boxes and shelves, so please check back for updates!

HISTORY RESOURCES
Drive Thru History with Dave Stotts: Rome and Greece, set of 2 CDs; Like new -- $15 (Retail $39.95)

This is a fun set of 2 CDs, exploring the history of Rome and Greece respectively. Told in an entertaining, fast paced and humorous way. Suitable for Gr 7-12. We used this as a supplement, especially on “sick” days.

Global History and Geography: The Growth of Civilizations, 2nd ed, Brun, Forman and Brodsky; Amsco publ.; hardcover, Like New -- $14 ppd (Retail $25)

Suitable for Gr 8-12. This text would make a good history spine. It is advertised as meeting the requirements for the New York State Global History Regents exam--however, I know nothing about that exam, or how well the book matches up to it.

Historical fiction, literature (true stories), and biographies:
I have many titles available for Gr 4-12, including Great Books, Landmark books, and books used by Sonlight. Please see my Classic Lit & Great Books, Gr 4-12 classified for details! ;)

GOVERNMENT
Holt American Government, Steven Kelman, Holt, Rinehart and Winston pub., hardcover, exc cond -- $9 ppd

Recommended in the WTM, this is a good text or spine for studying American government. We used it as we were studying early American history (alongside the Constitution, the Federlist papers, and the Anti-federalist papers).

ECONOMICS
Whatever Happened to Penny Candy, 5th ed., Richard J. Maybury, an Uncle Eric book; softcover, Like new -- $9 ppd (Retail: $14.95)

This is a great introduction to economics, suitable for upper elementary through early high school. For a high school economics course, this book should be considered only a supplement or introduction. Additional resources or an economics text would be required.

There are no public questions for this advertisement

Advertiser Info