What's with the ads?

Classic Lit & Great Books, Gr 4-12 For Sale

Price - Free

Time Left - 21 Days,

Please sign in to contact advertiser directly

Note: In order to purchase item or to contact member, you must have at least 1 post on the forums.

Books for Omnibus I and III, Lightning Lit, and Sonlight. Classics, historical fiction, historical literature, biographies and more. All books are paperback and in excellent or like-new condition, except where noted. Smoke-free home.

As you scroll through the list, you will see:

Books used in Omnibus I and III are noted in purple and dark red, respectively.
Books used in Lightning Literature are noted in dark green.
Sonlight books are noted in orange.

This is a constantly expanding list as I go through all of my boxes and add titles, so please check back for updates. And if you don’t see a book you’re looking for on this list, please inquire… I just might have it! :)

Payment and Shipping:
-- Paypal preferred
-- Normal shipping is via Media Mail.
-- Prices do not include shipping. Shipping cost will be either the actual postage based on the weight of books ordered, or a $5 flat rate, whichever is less. ;)

Literary Classics and Great Books (suitable mostly for Gr 8 and up)
1984, George Orwell (Omnibus III) -- $8
The Comedy of Errors, William Shakespeare, Folger ed -- $3
Hamlet, William Shakespeare, Oxford School ed. (Lightning Lit Shakespeare Tragedies) -- $7
Jane Eyre, Charlotte Bronte, Dover Thrift ed. -- $2
Julius Caesar, William Shakespeare, Oxford School ed. (Omnibus I & Lightning Lit Shakespeare Trag.) -- $5
Oedipus Rex, Sophocles, Dover Thrift Ed. -- $1
The Old Man and the Sea, Ernest Hemingway (Omnibus III) -- $5
The Odyssey, Homer (Omnibus I) -- $2.50 SOLD
The Prince and the Pauper, Mark Twain, Bantam Classics ed. -- $2
The Red Badge of Courage, Stephen Crane, Puffin Classics, good condition with a little wear -- $3
The Scarlet Letter, Nathaniel Hawthorne, Signet Classics (Lightning Lit--American Lit) -- $2
Till We Have Faces, C.S. Lewis, Sonlight -- $7
Utopia, Sir Thomas More -- $3

Historical Literature (True stories) and Biographies
Ben Franklin of Old Philadelphia, Margaret Cousins, Landmark Book, Gr 4 and up -- $3
Carry On, Mr. Bowditch, Jean Lee Latham, Newbery Medal, Gr 4 - Adult, Sonlight -- $4
A Day of Pleasure, Isaac Bashevis Singer, Gr 7 and up (Lightning Lit 8) -- $4
Guns for General Washington, A Story of the American Revolution, Seymour Reit, Gr 4-8 -- $3
Indian Captive: The Story of Mary Jemison, Lois Lenski, Gr 5 and up Sonlight -- $3.50
The Landing of the Pilgrims, James Daugherty, Landmark Book, Gr 6 and up -- $3
My Family and Other Animals, Gerald Durrell, Gr 7 and up (Lightning Lit 8) -- $7
Patty Reed's Doll, The Story of the Donner Party, Rachel K Laurgaard, Gr 6 and up -- $5
Streams to the River, River to the Sea, Scott O’Dell, (the story of Sacajawea), Gr 4-8 -- $3
Traitor: The Case of Benedict Arnold, Jean Fritz, Gr 6 and up Sonlight -- $3
The Trojan War, Olivia Coolidge (a retelling of the Trojan War in story form), Gr 3 thru adult -- $3 SOLD

Historical Fiction
Beyond the Desert Gate , Mary Ray, (sequel to The Ides of April; set in Roman times), Gr 6 an up, Sonlight -- $5 SOLD
The Black Arrow , Robert Louis Stevenson, (set during the War of Roses), Gr 7 and up, -- $1.50
The Cat of Bubastes: A Tale of Ancient Egypt, G.A. Henty, Gr 8 and up -- $3.50
A Gathering of Days: A New England Girl’s Journey, 1830-32, Joan W. Blos, Newbery Award, Gr 4-8 -- $2.50
The Ides of April , Mary Ray, (set in Roman times), Gr 6 and up, Sonlight -- $5 SOLD
The Winged Watchman, Hilda Van Stockum, (set during the Nazi occupation of Holland), Gr 5 and up Sonlight -- $7
Toliver's Secret, Esther Wood Brady, (set during the American Revolution), Gr 4-6 Sonlight -- $2.50

Other Fiction
In Search of Honor, Donnalyn Hess, BJU Press Christian Young Adult Fiction, Gr 9-12 -- $4
The Island Stallion, Walter Farley, Gr 4-7, fair condition with worn cover -- free
Swift Rivers, Cornelia Meigs, Newbery Honor book, Gr 4-8 Sonlight -- $3

There are no public questions for this advertisement

Advertiser Info