What's with the ads?

Writing, Reading, Grammar & Vocabulary Resources For Sale

Price - Free

Time Left - 27 Days, 17 Hours

Please sign in to contact advertiser directly

Note: In order to purchase item or to contact member, you must have at least 1 post on the forums.

Writing Strands, Editor in Chief, A Beka and more, plus some FREE resources. Gently used by only 1 or 2 students. Smoke-free home. All of these books and curriculum series were helpful to us at various stages. I hope they will work for you! :)

Payment and Shipping:
-- Paypal preferred
-- Normal shipping is via Media Mail.
-- Multiple items purchased can be combined into one shipment, and shipping costs reduced accordingly. (Check my other listings.)

Writing Strands Level 7, Dave Marks, Brand New, never used -- $11 ppd (Retail $20)
Writing Strands is a tried-and-true curriculum that many have had success with. My ds completed through Level 6 and did well, but then clicked better with a different curriculum. Upper level high school students can begin with Level 7, and then progress to Creating Fiction and Writing Exposition. Students younger than 11th grade should probably begin with an earlier level, then progress to Level 7 after Level 6. You can see the book (and the whole series) here: http://www.rainbowresource.com/proddtl.php?id=005185

The Complete Idiot’s Guide to Speed Reading, Abby Marks Beale, Like New -- $10 ppd (Retail $16.95)
Dd used this book to increase her reading speed in preparation for the massive amounts of reading in college. The book contains a variety of tips and techniques for reading different types of material quickly, efficiently and with retention.

Writers INC Student Handbook, 2001 edition; Like new (just a small crease on front cover--came that way), $20 ppd (Retail $28.95)
An excellent resource for middle through high school detailing how to approach many different types of writing. It could be used as a reference for writing assignments across the curriculum, or as a spine for a writing curriculum. You can see it and related resources here: http://www.rainbowresource.com/proddtl.php?id=015619

The Norton Field Guide to Writing, Second Edition, Richard Bullock, Like New -- $14 ppd
Dd used this book in 12th grade for a dual enrollment freshman English class, and then took it to college her freshman year. It is an excellent guide for college-level writing and would be suitable for an advanced high school student or to take to college as a reference. Dd kept the book in excellent condition; it looks like new.

Editor in Chief, Book C1 (Gr 9-12), Like new (no writing) -- $12 ppd (Retail $17.99)
Editor in Chief, Book C2 (Gr 9-12)), Like new (no writing) -- $12 ppd (Retail $17.99)
Editor in Chief is a great way to practice spotting punctuation and grammar errors in written text, and thus can be good preparation for standardized tests. Books C1 and C2 are the most advanced in the series and are very challenging.

A Beka Handbook of Grammar & Composition, 4th Ed, Like new -- $10 ppd (Retail $20.75)
I have 2 copies of this, both like new. This is a good reference resource for upper high school and college students. While this edition is the one previous to the current edition, it is unlikely much has changed besides the cover design.

FREE FOR THE COST OF SHIPPING:

A Beka Grammar & Composition I, 4th Ed. Teacher manual, Exc condition
A Beka Grammar & Composition III, 4th Ed. Teacher manual, Exc condition
A Beka Grammar & Composition IV, 3rd Ed. Teacher manual, Exc condition
A Beka Workbook V (for Handbook of Grammar & Comp), 4th Ed. Teacher key, Like new
A Beka Workbook VI (for Handbook of Grammar & Comp), 4th Ed. Teacher key, Like new

There are no public questions for this advertisement

Advertiser Info